Calls for Submission & Other Opportunities
AMSA’s Humanistic Elective in Activism, Reflective Transformation, and Integrative Medicine
The Humanistic Elective in Activism, Reflective Transformation, and Integrative Medicine (HEART-IM), will provide up to twenty-five (25) fourth-year medical students with a unique and rewarding way to conclude their medical school careers and prepare for their future work as healer-physicians. The experience takes place March 30 – April 24, 2020 at the Quaker Center in Ben Lomond, California. Applicants should have a strong interest in integrative medicine, activism, and exploring the path of healing within the modern world and medical system. Apply by September 15, 2019. More information.
Narrative Medicine Online Certificate Program
Columbia University’s Certification in Narrative Medicine program is developed specifically for clinicians and narrativists who seek ways to bring narrative methods into their clinical or teaching practices. Designed for persons who cannot devote full-time to academic pursuits, this program introduces students to the principles and practice of narrative medicine through rigorous courses leading to intellectual growth, interpersonal relationships, and personal insight. Those who complete the Certification Program gain the equivalent of 6 credits toward the Master of Science in Narrative Medicine, should they elect to continue their professional study of Narrative Medicine. More information. Application deadline: July 1, 2019.
- Graphic Truths: The Making (and Unmaking) of a Doctor, deadline 6/30/19
- 2019 Conley Art of Medicine Contest, deadline 10/25/19
- Special issue of Medical Humanities on “Global Health Humanities,” proposal deadline 6/30/19. Please email proposals, and any questions, to Jessica Howell or Narin Hassan
- Narrative Medicine: Fall Basic Workshop, earlybird registration deadline 9/6/19
- 2019 Conley Ethics Essay Contest, deadline 9/27/19
- Special Issue of Humanities: “Photo-Literary Disorders: Literature, Photography and Illness,” deadline 10/1/19
- Critically sick: New phenomenologies of illness, madness, and disability, paper proposal deadline 10/15/19
- Critical and Cultural Perspectives on Dementia Today, rolling deadline through 2/28/20
- Sharing Our Stories: Narratives, Poetry, and 55 Word Stories, Families, Systems, & Health, no deadline
- Call for Reviewers for The Polyphony, no deadline
- Emerald Studies in the Humanities, Aging and Later Life, no deadline