Calls for Submission & Other Opportunities
Comics and Medicine:The Ways We Work - The Center for Cartoon Studies More info
Call for Symposium Papers: "Future of Healthcare"
On April 20, 2018, the Health Humanities Laboratory at Texas A&M University will host a one-day symposium on "The Future of Healthcare." They invite proposals for individual papers on topics that approach the "Future of Healthcare" from different disciplinary perspectives. The symposium is the culmination of a one-year seminar supported by the Glasscock Center for Humanities Research. Seminar participants have explored "The Future of Healthcare" through four specific strands of research: 1) Global Health and the Humanities; 2) Women's Health; 3) Visualizing Health and Illness; and 4) Narrative Medicine. Proposals may use these themes as inspiration, or approach the seminar topic from a different angle. Deadline 1/15/18. More information.
- WeCare Festival: Living to the End deadline 12/15/17
- The Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition 2017, deadline 12/22/17
- No Maintenance: A creative challenge for public art in healthcare settings, deadline 12/31/17
- Bellevue Literary Review: Theme Issue on Displacement, deadline 1/1/18
- The Christopher Doheny Award, deadline 1/2/18
- Sixth Hektoen Grand Prix essay contest, deadline 1/14/18
- Eighth Annual History of Medicine and Public Health Night, abstract deadline 1/15/18
- Comics and Medicine: The Ways We Work, proposal deadline 1/30/18
- 2018 Helen H. Glaser Student Essay Awards, deadline 1/31/18
- Institute of Medical Ethics 2018 Summer Research Conference, abstract deadline 1/31/18
- 7th International Health Humanities Conference: "Changing Society: Community Wellbeing and Transformation - How health humanities can change the world" abstract deadline 5/1/18